TS-Optics 2" 0.67x CCD Reducer for RC & Flatfield Telescopes between f/8 - f/18
TS-Optics CCD telecompressor (reducer) for Ritchey-Chrétien and other F/18 to F/8 telescopes
The TS telecompressor CCD47 was developed for reducing the focal length of RC (Ritchey-Chrétien) telescopes. Practical tests have also shown an excellent suitability for all telescopes with flat field, like apochromats with built-in corrector lens, Celestron Edge HD or Meade ACF telescopes, thus the most flat-field telescopes. We especially recommend the compressor for the GSO / TS-Optics / AstroTec Ritchey-Chrétien telescopes.
SPECIAL PROMOTION: if a TS-Optics RC telescope is purchased at the same time from 365Astronomy, you get this high quality reducer for a special price of £149 if the RC is above £1000 and £159 when the RC is less than £1000. (Please note, this is not an automated process, you'll have to contact us and we'll either adjust the price or provide a discount code for the price difference. Thanks.)
Features of the CCD47 telecompressor:
- Barrel size is 2" - easy connection to all focusers with 2" receptacle
- With thread for 2" filters at the telescope side
- Camer aconnection via M48x0.75 thread
- Optimal working distance from the connection thread: 85 mm to the camera sensor. Between 70-90 mm, the results are very good.
- Reduction by 0.67x - an RC with F/8 changes to fast f/5.3. A telescope with F/10 still turns into F/6.7. The exposure time will be more than halved!
- An illuminated image field of 29 mm allows using all camera sensors up to APS-C format.
With the long working distance, adaptation of all common cameras, no matter whether CCD or DSLR, is possible without any problems. Some examples of applications:
- DSLR camera - adaption via M48: TSVF230 and then the matching adapter from M48 to the camera, like the SKM48-EOS for connecting a Canon EOS
- CCD cameras via T2 connection: two adapters are possible for reducing the M48 thread to T2:
A slightly longer alternative to the above TSM48-T2: VSA36530-8MM Click here!
|Weight in Kg||0.5|