SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 GT SynScan Computerised GoTo DUAL PURPOSE Equatorial & Alt-Azimuth Mount
FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND!
This new mount from Skywatcher, the smaller brother of the very successful AZ EQ6 will certainly be a good addition to their range of telescope mounts due to its comparatively light weight and versatility.
Now available with a larger tripod without the tall pillar, but an optional 16cm long pillar can be purchased separately that will help when using it in Alt-Azimuth mode.
The AZ-EQ5 PRO is a dual purpose, fully functional computerised heavy-duty Go-To/Tracking astronomical mount in both Alt-Azimuth (AZ) and Equatorial (EQ) modes.
Supplied with a Synscan computerised handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database.
In EQ mode, the AZ-EQ5GT is designed for either visual use or precise astro-imaging.
In AZ mode, it is primarily intended for visual use, and in this mode, two telescopes can be mounted simultaneously in parallel.
A great feature of the AZ-EQ5GT is the patented ‘Freedom-Find’ dual-encoder technology. This allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
Equatorial and Alt-Az dual mode
Mount weight (without tripod) 7.7kg
Payload 15kg (in equatorial mode) + 15kg each side (in Alt-AZ mode)
Fully automatic and manual (dual encoders Freedom FindTM)
High precision polar alignment aided by user friendly adjustment knobs and by Synscan software
Precision worm gearing combined with smooth belt transmission
Dual dSLR camera shutter control port
Multiple language handcontroller supplied
Full latitude range (0 - 90 degree)
- Payload Capacity: 15kg (EQ Mode) or 15kg+15kg (Alt-AZ Dual-Mode)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 0-90°
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Approx 15°
- Weight (excl. tripod & counterweights): 7.7kg
- Counterweights: 2 x 3.5kg
- Dovetail Saddles: 2 x 45mm (Accepts Sky-Watcher/Vixen type Dovetail Bars)
- Stainless Steel Tripod (1.75" Legs)
- Counterweight Bar: 18mm Diameter, Length 162mm + 120mm Extension
- Motors: 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motors
- Transmission: 135:1 Worm Drive + 36:12 Timing Belt Drive + 64 Micro-Step/1.8° Stepper Motor Drive
- Gear Ratio: 810
- Resolution: 5184000 Counts/Rev (approx. 0.25 arc-second)
- Maximum Slewing Speed: 3.4°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Mode: Equatorial or Alt-Azimuth
- Auto-Guiding Speed: 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x & 1x
- Whisper Quiet Slewing
- PPEC Control in EQ Mode
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Ports: 2
- Autoguider Interface: Yes
- USB Interface: Yes
- Hand Controller: Synscan (42,900+ Object Database)
- Polar Alignment: Via Software Control (Polar Scope optional)
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 Arc-Minutes (RMS)
- Resolution of Aux R.A./Dec Axis Encoders: 5144 Counts/Rev., approx. 4.2 Arc-Minutes
- Power Requirement: DC 11-16V 2A (Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended)
Related Manuals and Reviews:
not yet available
Box No.1 : TBC
Box No.2 : TBC
|Weight in Kg||45|