Paramount ME II Research-Grade Robotic Observatory Mount with Encoders in RA/DEC Axes
Paramount ME II Research-Grade Robotic Observatory Mount from Software Bisque
with Encoders in RA and DEC Axes
The New Kid on the Block
Up to 109kg load capacity!
The new Software Bisque ME II mount is designed to cover any astro-application with utmost professionality from any place on Earth. The ME II can carry heaviest payloads and allows perfect remote internet control via a PC/MAC.
Paramount ME II Observatory Mount
- Maximum 7 arcseconds "Peak-to-Peak" periodic error before PEC
- 30 arcsecond or better all sky pointing accuracy with T-Point und Super ModelTM
- Two port USB 2.0 hub on the Instrument Panel
- Completely redesigned Control System MKS 5000 featuring 2" USB computer to mount interface
- Calibrated Polar-Alignment-Adjustments
- Paramount 3" VersaPlate
- Belt-driven gears offer virtually zero backlash
- 109kg (240 lb) total instrument capacity (218kg/480 lb total capacity)
- Unibody mount desigh weights 38kg (84 lb)
- Two 14 kg Counterweights
- Ample room to add through the mount cabling
- Power supply and PC to mount cabling included
- Clutchless design maintains T-Point assisted pointing accuracy
- All electronics and wiring are enclosed within the mount (power supply is external)
This is the version of the Paramount ME II Mount from Software Bisque that comes with Encoders installed on the RA and DEC Axes (ex factory).
Software Bisque offers to mount their new on axis encoders into ME II mounts. This cannot be done at the user's site, but now you can order a complete new mount with the encoders installed.
(If you already have a Paramount ME II mount without the encoders, the ME II mount must be returned to Software Bisques new premises in USA. You'd have to pay for return shipment cost for two ways transport,customs duty for the encoder value and labor cost as well as handling charges in USA. If you already have a Paramount ME II mount without the encoders, please inquire for an offer if you are interested in this substantial upgrade.)
Not a stock product. Usual delivery time is appr. 4-6 weeks, depending on the order situation at Software Bisque.
Software is included:
- TheSkyX Professional Edition
- TPoint Add On
- Camera Add On
- Multi-OS and Six License Add On for Mac and Windows
Please visit the Paramount ME II web page of Software Bisque for details about the Paramount ME II Robotic Telescope System. If you are interested, please send us an email or call us.
Comparison Paramount ME II to the previous model ME
Please visit the Paramount ME II web page of Software Bisque for details about the Paramount ME II Robotic Telescope System. If you are interested, please send us an email to kontakt (at) baader-planetarium.com or call us.
Applies to all mounts which are controlled by plug connections of hand controllers and / or by plug connections with electronic accessories.
Again and again, we received mounts for repair work, which have malfunctions due to corroded connections. Therefore, the following note:
The plug-in connections at all contact points in astronomical telescopes are generally exposed to humidity and dirt. For the current transmission on such plug-in connections there is often a higher risk of danger due to humidity or corrosion than there is ussually with plug-in connections in the household.
It is advisable to spray the connectors of all cable connections generously with contact spray and then plug in the respective plug several times. In this way, the contact is cleaned and at the same time corrosion and the accumulation of condensation water are prevented. Please do not spray into the socket! In this way, short circuits can be produced if contact liquid is used too generously and runs through electronic components inside the device.
In any case, if there are undefined malfunctions during the electricity or signal transmission, it is first of all advisable to clean the plug-in connections by means of contact spray.
|Weight in Kg||60|