Optolong CLS-CCD Filter for Canon EOS APS-C Cameras
PLEASE NOTE, WE CANNOT SELL AND SEND THESE CLIP FILTERS TO GERMANY. Canon Clip filters are copyrighted by Astronomik in Germany therefore we'd advise you to buy our Astronomik Clip filters instead if you are a customer from Germany.
The Optolong CLS-CCD broadband filter is designed for CCD cameras and astro modified dSLR cameras to improve the visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for photograghic purpose at light pollution area.
Compatible with all APS-C sized Canon EOS cameras. Not for full frame cameras.
Main Use and Performance
This CLS-CCD filter is different from the CLS in a way that it cuts off light at the infrared part of the spectrum between 700-1100nm. Recommended for color CCD cameras and astro modified DSLR cameras for astrophotography. Work well on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants. Noticeable boost in contrast and visibility of the fainter outer detail. Please note that light pollution filters do not completely eliminate the effects of light pollution and definitely do not increase the object’s brightness, however they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky by making the background darker.
Optolong filters are not designed for solar observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH ANY OPTOLONG FILTER as permanent eye damage will be the result.
- Schott substrate material
- Glass thickness 2.0 mm (1.25”/2”/36mm) and 1.0 mm (Clip series)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and < 30 seconds parallelism over both surfaces
- 95% transmission of main nebula emission lines (i.e. Ha 656nm, OIII 496nm & 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm).
- 0.1% transmission of off-band, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm). Transmission of 0.1% is equivalent to OD3 (Optical Density), and a high optical density value indicates very low transmission, and low optical density indicates high transmission.
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximising possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25” size and 45mm for 2” size)
- Aerometal Material
- Precise CNC Machining
- Sand Blasting Process
- Black Anodized Finish
- Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection
- Laser Engraving No Fading
- Standard 1.25” & 2”
- Round 36mm Unmounted
- Clip Filter Series (RESTRICTED TO GERMANY! Please do not order Optolong Clip filters from Germany. We can sell only Astronomik EOS Clip filters to Germany.)
Canon 450D Rebel XSi Yes
Canon Digital Rebel XS (digital) Yes
Canon Digital Rebel XSi Yes
Canon EOS 1000D Yes
Canon EOS 450D No
Canon EOS 500D Yes
Canon EOS Kiss F Yes
Canon EOS Kiss X2 Yes
Canon EOS Kiss X3 Yes
Canon EOS Rebel T1i Yes
Canon EOS 6D Yes
Canon EOS 60D + 60Da Yes
Canon EOS 7D Yes
Canon EOS 70D Yes
Canon EOS 50D Yes
Canon EOS 650D Yes
Canon EOS 600D Yes
Canon EOS 550D. Yes
Canon EOS 700D, Yes
Canon EOS 1100D Yes
Canon EOS 1200D Yes
Canon EOS 40D Yes
Canon EOS 30D Yes
Canon EOS 20D Yes
Canon EOS 10D Yes
Canon EOS D60 Yes
Canon EOS D30 Yes
- Plastic PP Case
- Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining
- Silver Cardboard Box
- High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- Multi-layer anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band. (Please note, "planetary rotation system" is a type of optical coating process and does not refer to the astronomical system describing the motion of the planets in our solar system.)
The Major Emission Lines of Nebulae: H-α 656.3nm, H-β486.1nm, OIII 495.9nm, OIII 500.7nm
The Major Emission Lines of Artificial Light Pollution: Hg 435.8nm, 546.1nm, 577nm, 578.1nm, Na 598nm, 589.6nm, 615.4nm, 616.1nm
|Weight in Kg||0.15|