Optec Libra Alt-Az Adjustable Mount with Losmandy Platform and Clamp
#19230 - Libra Alt-Azimuth Adjusting D-Plate.
Please note, we also have a custom modified version that has been a specifical order by Zoltan (director of 365Astronomy) for his observatory where he used a bit oversized APO telescope on it to align it with his 11" Edge HD. The modification consisted an addition of two side bars to fix the top and bottom plates together after alignment. Please contact us if interested in this "special edition", but used unit.
Otherwise, this listing is about the general basic version.
Aligning two co-axial telescopes has always been a challenge. Scope rings require adjusting up to six individual screws to provide alignment. Then the slightest bump can knock the telescopes out of alignment.
The Libra Alt-Az mount was designed to make this alignment task simple and painless. Using a pair of clamps on one side to attach the female dovetail receiver to an existing male D-plate, the #19230 will fit directly on to any "D" style dovetail bar. A second pair of larger knobs on the opposite side provide both altitude and azimuth adjustments. A locking thumb nut secures the fine thread adjustment shaft for easy "no tools" installation and configuration.
Image is for demonstration purposes only. Actual product might be slightly different. (i.e. colour of knobs etc...)
- D-plate Width: 4.00"
- Overall Width with knobs: 5" to 8"
- Overall Height (level): 2.65" (2.3" to 3.0")
- Overall Length: 12.25"
- Clamp Width: 2.5"
- Altitude Adjustment: 4-degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment: 9-degrees
- Clamp Fasteners: 3/4" knurled aluminum
- Alt-Az Knobs: 1-1/2" knurled aluminum
- Knob Color Options: Natural, Orange, Blue
- Weight: 5 lb. 15 oz (2.7 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 25-lbs.
- Safety: Two 1/4"-20 knobs on male dovetail (NEW!)
- Optec Libra "D" series dovetail systems,
- Losmandy D series dovetail systems,
- Celestron dovetail bar,
- Farpoint D series dovetails systems,
- ADM "D" Series dovetail systems,
- Robin Casady's dovetail systems.
|Weight in Kg||3.5|