Networking Module for RadioUniversePRO for SPIDER Radio Telescopes
The NETWORKING module for RadioUniversePRO allows remote control of the SPIDER radio telescope from remote locations, with control capabilities based on the licence (Teacher or Student).
In the control computer, close to the receiver, instead of RadioUniversePRO, the “RadioUniverseSRV” (Server licence) is installed with antenna/frontend/backend control: a version with no graphical interface but more power than standard RadioUniversePRO that controls all SPIDER components. like:
- Network manager software, for acquired data and control pipelines
- Control software, as process supervisor
In the remote control computer (a control computer in the same network):
- “RadioUniverseTCH” (Teacher licence) software that can perform any SPIDER radio telescope operation: controls antenna/frontend/backend and operate in “tutor” mode over other “students” client, get the recorded data and process them.
- “RadioUniverseSTD" (Student licence), with an easier interface that are allowed not to use the radio telescope but to get the recorded data and process them.
“RadioUniverseTCH” and “RadioUniverseSTD” have also processing capabilities:
- Total Power Processing: calibrated data reduction, antenna gain calculation and normalization, radiometric baseline fitting and images profiles calibration for scans, spatial filtering, antenna beam models definitions and deconvolution of recorded data
- Spectral Processing: calibrated data reduction, data weighting, dedopplering and spectral re-aligning, long-integration, spectrometric baseline fitting, spatial filters on spectra
|Weight in Kg||1|