Moonlite High Resolution Stepper Motor with Mini Controller V2
Moonlite High Resolution Stepper Motor with Power Slip Clutch and Mini Controller V2 (model MTS-500-V2) for Moonlite Focusers
This version comes with installation brackets for 2" CS and CF models of Moonlite focusers. We'll have brackets for other models as well soon.
All MoonLite's High Resolution stepper motor options use a premium, low backlash Hurst stepper motor. This provides very fine ( .00008" 1/2 step mode, or .00016" full step mode) resolution and accurate position repeatability required for today's high end imaging systems. It comes as an option on all single rate model focusers (SCT, Refractor, and Newtonian). It has such a fine variable rate that the reduction unit is not needed, so it is not offered on dual rate focusers. The slip clutch system allows both motor and manual focus control of the focuser at any time. We offer High Res Stepper Motor install kits separately that are easy for customers to install themselves at a later time.
The Mini V2 controller (model MTS-500-V2) works with all MoonLite high res stepper motors, both the original stepper motor and the new slip clutch version. The controller has a single port for running 1 focuser at a time. The controller is an ASCOM compliant stepper motor controller that works with all ASCOM based software packages out there today such as Focus Max, CCDSoft, MaximDL, SGP, etc. However we include non ASCOM based software programs for customers that may not want to run ASCOM. The Focus Controller has a remote temperature probe and runs on 12 Volts DC. We include an AC adapter that has all the different plug configurations (US, Europe, UK, and Australia); however, most customers will simply use 12-volt power off their mount. This controller is designed to be used remotely by a PC or at the scope location using the buttons, no PC required. It can do both manual and PC operation at the same time. A USB cable, DB9 motor controller cable, remote temp probe, and serial cable is included along with a 12 Power supply.
- Full PC ASCOM compliant SW ability( just install out ASCOM driver).
- Full manual operation at the scope and at the PC
- Also works with MoonLite's non ASCOM based software for simple operation.
- Temperature probe
- 12 volt multi voltage / plug system adapter to work in all countries.
- includes all cables 6 feet long
- Extra long 25' serial cable is available by request.
Mini V2 and DRO dual port display controller specs:
- Slip clutch drive for both manual and motor operation.
- Low backlash/ high repeatable positioning hurst stepper motor.
- Resolution = .00008" per micro half step, or .00016" full step mode
- Robo focus compatible DB9 connector pin out.
- Weight 12 oz. mini, 18 ox DRO
- Manual buttons for up/down and speed knob on miniV2 controller
- Full PC ASCOM compliant SW ability.
- Temperature compensation ability with ASCOM based software that supports it
- 3 additional non ASCOM programs included.
- USB cable, and DB9 9pin motor cable included
- Remote temp probe included
- Controllers operate unipolor type stepper motors
- Temp can be calibrated for offset
- Non volatile memory for current position after power loss.
- Temp jack 1/8" stereo, tip Vout,Ring Vcc, Sleeve ground
- DC power jack 12volts 2.1mm X5.5mm barrel connector Center = Pos, Outside = Negative
- DC power range 10 volts to 16 volt range
- Red LED power indicator on miniV2, Will blink when focuser move command are given.
- 2 speed rate on manual buttons (MoonLite Display Controller only).
- Full DRO step count position display (MoonLite Display Controller only).
- Single port on Mini V2 controller, Dual ports on DRO dual port display controller
- LCD display tested to operate at -10 degrees F
- Rotators require a DRO dual port controller
|Weight in Kg||2.1|