Explore Scientific Solarix Solar Filter Film A4, ND5.0
Explore Scientific Solarix Solar Filter Film A4 - observe Solar eclipses and surface detail, including sunspots, surface granulation, faculae and filaments in complete safety.
Tested in Germany under the stringent safety requirements of DIN EN ISO 12312-2 : 2015-11 and certified 100% safe for solar observation, the Explore Scientific Solarix Solar Filter Film A4 is a sheet of pliable, yet tough solar film design to be cut and mounted on telescopes, binoculars and DIY solar glasses in order to observe the fascinating features of our parent star.
Giving an aesthetically pleasing yellow/orange cast to the solar disk, the Explore Scientific Solarix Solar Filter Film cuts out 99.999% of solar light, including all UV and IR wavelengths, allowing the observer to study the solar disk in detail.
The film is supplied with cardboard guide stencil sheet for making your own solar filter and solar viewing glasses, plus a helpful guide sheet, which explains all about how to cut mount and handle the material. This film is extremely useful for those with telescopes and binoculars that are not catered for by regular-sized solar filters, allowing the user to create a perfectly fitting bespoke DIY cell for their own particular needs. Ships in heavy duty cardboard outer envelope.
Features of the Explore Scientific Solarix Solar Filter Film:
- Watch Solar Eclipses, Sun Spots, Planet Transits, crossing aircrafts and satellites.Suitable for making your individual solar filter for telescopes, binoculars, photo- and video cameras.
- New developed solar filter film that has the optical quality of the glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer.
- Collateral protection by using impregnated polymer and additional filter coated surface.
- Creates a very natural and yellow solar image.
- Also qualified for high magnifications.
- Consistent brightness and even density with any aperture.
- Ideal for visual observing and photographic use.
- Light weight and does not require re-balancing tube assembly.
- Flat surface compared to other thin film filters that have wrinkles and creases.
- Resistant against any damage.
- Construction manual included for making your individual solar filter and eclipse glasses.
Material thickness: 0.05mm
Optical density: 5
Optical transmission: 1/1000 of 1% (99.999% incoming light blocked)
Dimension: A4 - 210 x 297mm