DayStar Solar Scout 80mm Dedicated Carbon Fiber H-Alpha Solar Telescope - CHROMOSPHERE Model with ThermoCharge 6 Power Bank
The engineers at Daystar have made great strides in cost reduction so that we can now offer a quality 80mm H alpha telescope at unheard-of pricing!
This deluxe version of a DayStar Solar Scout is a dedicated Hydrogen Alpha solar telescope with a beautiful carbon fiber tube, with an aperture of 80mm.
The Quark component is interchangeable on these SS80C solar telescopes. It will work with (the supplied) H-alpha, (optional) Sodium and (optional) Magnesium Quark models, but not with Calcium due to various reasons. Optional drawtube adapter(s) is necessary for use of other Quarks...
This telescope is available in Chromosphere and Prominence versions, however, due to popularity we stock the Chromosphere version only. The Prominence version is available on back order (same price).
Application of 2" eyepieces or components, and Camera T-adapters require additional, optional accessories, available from our online shop. Diagonal shown in photo is optional.
Application of Quark-T adapter allows users to mount directly and robustly to Nikon or Canon Cameras, with familiar camera style focus.
FREE UK DELIVERY! AVAILABLE FROM UK STOCK!
FREE Celestron Elements ThermoCharge 6 Hand Warmer and Power Bank INCLUDED! (Worth £28)
- Quality Achromat Doublet 80mm refractor
- Carbon Fiber Solar Telescope
- Helical Front-end Focus with fine precision
- Choose Prom or Chrom model at no extra cost
- Environmental Hard Case
- Interchangeable Daystar Quark*
- 'Solar Bullet' finder
- Vixen /Photo style mounting foot
SPECIFICATIONS / FEATURES
- 1400mm Effective Focal Length
- Best Price for 80mm Dedicated Solar Telescope
- Prominence or Chromosphere model no extra cost
- Carbon Fiber Optical Tube
- Robust and precision accuracy: Helical Front-Focus can't slip and does not turn the eyepiece.
- Solar Bullet finder projects safely onto white screen.
- Full 22mm clear aperture.
- Interchangable Quark can be moved to other instruments for different magnifications* (will work with H-alpha, Sodium and Magnesium Quark models, but not with Calcium. Optional drawtube adapter(s) is necessary for use of other Quarks...)
- Swap filter(s) for different bandpass views
- Adaptable for 2" or Camera mount / views
- Always on-band with USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- 110-240VAC wall adapter (Optional 24mAh battery available)
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 5 year warranty
* Application of 2" eyepieces or components, and Camera T-adapters require additional, optional accessories. Diagonal shown in photo is optional.