Baader 2" BDS-NT Diamond Steeltrack NT Focuser for Newtonian Telescopes
The new, highly anticipated Baader Diamond Steeltrack is here now! Available from UK stock!
The Baader Diamond Steeltrack range of focusers offer a complete, high quality and high load manual or motorised focusing solution for refractor telscopes, Newtonian reflector telescopes and SCT (Schmidt-Cassegrain) telescopes.
See details below
- True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system never accomplished before
- In comparison to conventional crayford or rack & pinion drives, this micro-geared movement has zero backlash, zero cogging, and zero flxure
- Diamond Steeltrack 2" focusers lift a payload of 6kg (13 lbs) straight up, without slipping, without excessive
bearing preload (bearing preload can be increased further if necessary)
- Bearing system utilizes unbreakable Instrument Grade Roller-Bearings instead of simpler Ball Bearings handles higher loads with greater rigidity and accuracy. No Teflon-pads anywhere
- 1:10 Stainless Steel fine-focus mechanism, ready for attachment of the optional Steeldrive temperature compensating motor drive system
- Detachable drive block assembly is reversible for right hand or left hand fine-focus operation and for attaching the Steeldrive motorblock onto Diamond-NT-Steeltracks for newtonian telescopes
- Shortest possible mechanical design achieves optimum balance between focuser height (backfocus) and
- Zero shift locking knob to precisely stop any movement without affecting optical axis adjustment
- Each bearing individually adjustable for precise alignment of mechanical vs. optical axis
- Ultra-hard subzero coated bearing races – precision milled and much harder than anodizing or stainless steel
- Oversized 55mm inner clear diameter, to prevent vignetting, with anti-reflction knife-edge baffles
- S58 Dovetail ring-clamp built into focusing tube for accepting optional T-2 / M48 / M68 and other S58 directthread adapters to enable direct thread connection of accessories and cameras without 2" clamp
- 2" eyepiece clamp with hardened bronze clamp ring (length of clamp: 12.5mm / ½") included as standard
- Optionally available 2" Baader Clicklock-clamp w. integrated S58 dovetail (added length: 16mm / 5/8")
- Two auxiliary threads (M60x1 and M55x0,75) cut into the RT & NT focusing-tube for attachment of dedicated
field flatteners or focal reducers/correctors
- Refractor-BDS (RT): Adapters available or under development to fi a wide variety of refractor telescopes
- Newtonian-BDS (NT): Includes Baader Versabase, for perfect fi onto most tube diameters.
Optional flt mounting base available soon
- SC/HD-BDS (SC/HD): Includes adapter to fi all C14/C11/C9¼/C8/C6/C5 OTA’s
Steel drive system available:
Images for demonstration purposes only!
|Weight in Kg||1.1|