Astronomik OWB CCD Typ 3 Clip-Filter for SONY alpha 7 & 9 Cameras
Astronomik OWB-CCD TYP 3 Clip Filter for Modified SONY alpha 7 & 9 Cameras for Terrestrial Photography
Mounted filter in SONY alpha Clip-cell
We are proud to unveil the new Clip-Filter for the amazing Sony Alpha 7 series!
After a long period of prototyping and developmentwe are now able to offer you Clip-Filters for the amazing Sony Alpha bodies. The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glas and only minimal obstruction in the corners.
These Clip-Filters are designes and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Watch on YouTube!
Instructional Video on YouTube: How to Install and Remove Clip-Filters for Sony Alpha 7 Cameras
COMPATIBLE SONY ALPHA 7 CAMERAS:
- The Clip-Filter are sucessfully tested with all Sony Alpha 7 bodies (7, 7R and 7S in Mk I, MkII and Mk III versions) and the Sony Alpha 9 body
- Sony Alpha 7R IV: Not compatible
- Alpha 58, 68, 77, 99, 6500: Not compatible
- All Sony DSLR Bodies with the A-Bajonett: Not compatible
NOTE: The filters are not suitable for Sony alpha 3000 to 6500 or Sony alpha NEX cameras.
WORKS WITH USUAL SONY LENSES, BUT PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE WHEN INSTALLING A LENS (i.e. if the lens will protrude into the direction of the filter, don't install it... you will break the filter...)
Use Astronomik filters for your Sony Alpha 7 and enjoy marvelous images with an ultra light equipment!
The OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without inbuilt IR-filter) in order to be used for 'terrestrial' photography.
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astro-photography. Therefore the decision, which in former times had to be made, whether to 'victimize' a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum it is now a thing of the past and disencumber your purse, too.
DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing the inbuilt IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unable for 'terrestrial' purpose. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to the former range. In other words: The OWB pretend to be the conventional built-in filter!
- Visual observation (dark skies): Unsuitable
- Visual observation (urban skies): Unsuitable
- Film photography: Unsuitable
- CCD photography: Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (original): Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Unsuitable
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (removed or substituted inbuilt IR-filter) to achieve standard colour space in digital imaging.
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope (or camera in this case)!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
Images are for demonstration purposes only. Might show a similar product.