Astro Devices Nexus II Multi-Functional Telescope Interface with WiFi
The Nexus II is an advanced wireless multi-functional telescope interface. It combines Digital Setting Circles (DSC) and a USB Serial To Wi-Fi interface in one powerful package.
Using the advantages of Wi-Fi, Nexus allows seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on Wi-Fi compatible computing devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Computers, Kindle Fire, Android phones/tablets, Windows based PCs/tablets.You can even use Nexus-II with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel and TheSky just to name a few.
Nexus-II can function as:
- Wireless DSC
- Wireless DSC** with SiTech motor controller
- USB*** serial to WiFi adapters
Using Nexus-II in combination with a planetarium software provides a cost effective yet very advanced DSC controller supporting all popular telescopes.
Powered by a rechargeable Lithium* battery or external power (5-9V DC), Nexus-II will be there when you need it.
Both Access Point and Infrastructure (WPE/WPA/WPA2) WiFi network connections are supported.
Please refer to the user manual for further detail. It can be downloaded from the Manuals & Guides page on our website.
WHAT’S IN EACH BOX
When your Nexus-II arrives, it will contain:
- 1 x Nexus-II unit
- 1 x Nexus-II User Manual
- 1 x Nexus-II Setup Guide for Sky Safari
- 1 x USB charging cable
- Up to 11 hours battery life
- Rechargeable Lithium battery
- Operating temperatures range from -20ºC – 50ºC (-4ºF – 120ºF)
- Supports SiTech communication protocol
- Handles TTL quadrature optical encoders with practically unlimited number of pulses per second
- Reverse polarity protection
- One USB port
- Class I WiFi device (up to 150 metres range)
- Works with planetarium software running on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
Dimensions: 75mm x 105mm x 36mm (LxWxH)
* Nexus’s running time is approximately 11 hours (with 10,000-step encoders**** and a fully charged battery); user replaceable
** Using a special utility from Astro Devices is required to be able to use Nexus with other planetarium software supporting SiTech. Please also note that additional cables are required that are available at extra cost. Please e-mail us for further details. All generations of ServoCAT are supported (USB and non-USB).
*** Nexus-II supports USB serial devices based on CP210x (iOptron mounts), FT232x (ServoCAT Gen3, SiTech) and PL2303 (iOptron, Meade) chips.
**** Encoders sold separately