TS Optics Filter Quick Changer incl. 1x 1.25" Filter Drawer - Low Profile
Visual and Photographical Use
There are many applications that require you to change between filters regularly. The usual way is to remove the camera or eyepiece from the telescope, unscrew the filter, screw in another filter, put everything back in the telescope and focus again. This procedure is annoyingly bothersome and takes a lot of time!
The TS Optics Filter Quick Changer allows you to switch between filters within a few seconds without having to refocus after the filter change!
Why would you go for a filter changer / filter drawer instead of a filter wheel? Filter wheels are convenient to use, but they are always much thicker and you might simply not have enough back focus to use them in your optical train...
Also, sometimes you would want to avoid the large diameter of a filter wheel, i.e. when your camera is in the front of the optics on a Hyperstar...
Examples of Use:
- Astro Imaging: LRGB colour imaging, narrowband colour imaging, use of different contrast filters and nebula filters
- Planet Observing: Ideal for using colour filters. The quick change between the filters allows you to directly compare the effect of different filters and thus choose the ideal filter for the particular application.
- Deep Sky Observing: You can directly compare the impressions with UHC filters, O-III filters and other filters. This allows you to get the most detail out of each object!
Advantages of the Filter Quick Changer in comparison with other systems:
- there is no limit to the number of different filters you can use.
- very low profile
- this also results in best possible field illumination
- the filter quick changer needs less space than e.g. a filter wheel
- the filters currently not in use can be stored protected from dew and dust. In classical filter drawers the filters are completely unprotected!
Note, above image shows the similar 2" filter drawer...this product listing is for the 1.25" version.
|Optical Length||only 15mm!|
|Telescope Adaptation||T2 Female Thread|
approx. 2mm Length
|Accessory Adaptation||T2 Male Thread|
approx. 2mm Length
|Weight||only 85 grams incl. one drawer|
TS Filter Quick Changer ... Variations and Combinations
By choosing the appropriate drawer you can freely decide whether you wish to use 1.25" or 2" filters. You can even mix between them!
Important for Astro Imaging: With a Dark Filter you can take dark frames. The dark filter will block all light.
Top Recommendation: Combo TS Filter Quick Changer + TS Off Axis Guider
The complete package has an optical length of only 24mm! You can enjoy the advantages of the quick filter change even when using a coma corrector or field flattener. Most conventional solutions would be too long - you would be unable to keep the proper distance between the corrector and the camera sensor!
The filter quick changer is based on the T2 adaptor system. As a result almost any conceivable adaptation can be achieved. You can find the most common adaptors under "recommended accessories".
- 1.25" eyepiece adaptation ... with TST2-1-T2S
- 2" eyepiece adaptation ... with TST2-2"
- M48 thread adaptation ... with Baader adaptor BAA 2458110
- SC thread adaptation ... with Baader adaptor BAA 2408135
- T2 adaptor rings for all common DSLR cameras
- and many more
Scope of Delivery:
- TS Filter Quick Changer - main body with T2 thread on both sides
- One filter drawer for 2" filters
Useful Accessories .... see "recommended accessories":
- additional filter drawers for 1.25" or 2" filters
- protective case for filter drawers
Hands-on Advice from TS:
The ultra low profile of the TS Filter Quick Changer results in best possible field illumination. Especially on "fast" telescopes, e.g. some Newtonians, the optical length has a big influence on vignetting! The TS Filter Quick Changer even allows you to use 1.25" filters on CCD cameras that would normally require larger filters with other filter holders.
A very common problem: Autoguiding cameras attached to off axis guiders often collide with the filter wheel or other large filter systems. The TS Filter Quick Changer is small enough to avoid this problem!
|Weight in Kg||0.15|