T-Ring ULTRASHORT for Canon EOS dSLRs
T-ring - T2 adaptor ring for Canon EOS bayonet - only about 1mm optical length!
This adaptor screws directly into the Canon EOS body and enables you to connect objectives with T2 (M42x0.75) thread.
The EOS bayonet is much wider than T2 so the adapter can be mounted completely into the camera body. The real optical length is 0mm (see picture below)!
- Very short Adaptation T2 threads to the Canon EOS cameras
- This adaptor does NOT work on large diameter objectives like MTO1000, Rubinar 500 and Rubinar 300.
- In astro photography, the backfocus of some telescopes is so short that it´s not possible to bring a SLR camera with standard T2 ring (+10 mm) into foucus. Here, the T2-EOSs adaptor is useful. With its help, you can attach accessory parts like:
- TS rotation system (360° Rotation / 2" filter holder)
- TS Off Axis Guider with only 9 mm optical length
Telescope Service practical information:
T2 and M42 threads are often confused - they are not compatible
- T2 = diameter 42 mm / pitch 0.75 mm per turn
- M42 = diameter 42 mm / pitch 1 mm per turn
(M42 with 1mm pitch was used in old Pentax and Zenith cameras, then M42 with 0.75 pitch became a sort-of standard telescope thread many years ago...)
|Weight in Kg||0.1|