SkyWatcher SKYMAX-127 EQ3 PRO SynScan GOTO Maksutov-Cassegrain
This telescope & mount can be seen at our premises in Worthing! Casual visitors are welcome by appointment only! Please call for an appointment as we are not a high street shop...
SKYMAX-127 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope OTA with EQ3 PRO SynScanTM Precision Computerized Mount
127mm (5”) F: 1500mm MAKSUTOV-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE
FREE DELIVERY TO U.K. MAINLAND (surcharge may apply to distant areas, e.g. Scottish Highlands)!
The highly-acclaimed Skymax-127 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA excels for high-power Lunar and Planetary observations, double-star observations, as well as being suitable for terrestrial daytime observations. The Skymax-127 features a compact but extremely powerful, high-contrast, high-resolution diffraction-limited optical system. High-transmission multi-coatings are employed on all optical surfaces for optimum performance.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x60 and x150
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.81)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25”): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finderscope
- 1.25”/31.7mm Star Diagonal
- Multi-Coated Optics
- 55% more Light gathering than 102mm
- EQ3 PRO SynScanTM Computerised Go-To Deluxe Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Power Supply)
- 42,900+ Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- Polar Alignment Scope (included with all Synscan GOTO telescopes now)
- Focusing by Moving Primary Mirror
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
PLEASE NOTE: The Motor Control box supplied (situated left of handset in above picture) is designed to clamp onto 1.75” Diameter Stainless Steel tripod legs. In this instance the Motor Control Box should be attached with either cord or Velcro (User Supplied)
Review of Skymax-127 OTA
|”This is one of the jewels in the Sky-Watcher crown. It's large enough to produce richly detailed, high-contrast lunar and planetary images…. The Skymax-127 packs a performance punch with a relatively short cool-down time….For daytime terrestrial use, the instrument is quite capable of focusing down to 8 metres….”|
Ade Ashford, www.scopetest.com
Click on images for larger view of photos taken using this telescope model
|Photo courtesy of: Russell Hawker, England|
Watch Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 Telescope on YouTube