SkyWatcher ESPRIT-150ED PROFESSIONAL ED APO Triplet Refractor
F/7 SUPER APO TRIPLET REFRACTOR OTA (Optical Tube Assembly only)
FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND!
We are proud to introduce the new Sky-Watcher Professional ESPRIT 3-Element ED apochromatic refractors. These are instruments of the highest quality with optical performance rivalling or exceeding similar telescopes of even the most famous high-end telescope brands.
The ESPRIT Super Apo Triplets are designed for the most demanding astro-imagers but are also fine telescopes for visual observations. The premium, superbly-corrected optical systems deliver high-contrast images full of detail with pin-point stars right up to the edge of the field and zero detectable colour fringing, even on the brightest of objects.
• 3-Element Objective Lens, Focal Length 1050mm (one Ohara FPL-53 and 2 x Schott lenses)
• 3” CNC Machined 11:1 Rotatable Dual-Speed Linear Power Focuser
• Excellent Field Flatness
• Full-frame Corrected Focal Plane
• Zero detectable Colour Fringing even on Bright Objects
• Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
• High-precision Mechanical Components
• Knife-edge Baffled Optical System
• Aluminium OTA material (superior to plain carbon-fibre for this application)
• Retractable Dew Shield
• OTA Weight 14.52kg (without accessories), 17.04kg (with accessories)
3” DUAL-SPEED LINEAR POWER FOCUSER
• Zero focus-shift during focusing
• 3” LPF with 2” and 1.25” eyepiece adapters and indexed scale
• New drawtube with steel sheet held by four large bearings makes focusing smoother than ever
• High Load Capacity - holds up to 5kg of accessories whilst focusing and up to 10kg when locked.
• The smooth focus motion and 11:1 fine focus wheel allows precision adjustment and critical focusing of eyepieces & cameras
• Patent-pending design
Images are for demonstration only. Some images show the similar 120mm version of the same series...
28mm 2” LET Eyepiece
2” Dielectric Star Diagonal
9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope
Tube Rings and Dovetail Mounting Bar
20190 M48 Doublet Field Flattener (x1)
SIMPLY THE STATE-OF-THE-ART
PRO-SERIES is the name for the new generation of professional quality telescopes and mounts of the Sky-Watcher range, targeted at the most discerning and critical observers.
PRO-SERIES products are manufactured to extremely high levels of optical and mechanical precision, undergoing very strict quality control procedures and testing by specially assigned technicians, to ensure the highest standards of quality and performance are consistently maintained.
ED APOCHROMATIC REFRACTORS
Premium quality, high performance telescopes for planetary and deep-sky observaions as well as astrophotography and CCD imaging. The two-element objevtive lens is fully multi-coated and utilises special, extra-low dispersion FPL-53 fluorite glass for the virtual elimination of false colour. Performance of these telescopes will both delight and surprise the most critical observer, and can be genuinely compared to Apochromatic telescopes of other brands in price brackets normally way beyond the reach of the average user.
ED APOCHROMATIC OPTICS
World Exclusive Co-Branding Agreement with Schott
Selected high-end Sky-Watcher telescopes benefit from the inclusion of Schott glass in their construction. Schott is the recognised world leader in glass utilised for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation and famous brand camera lenses. Sky-Watcher's parent company signed a worldwide exclusive telescope co-branding agreement with Schott in March 2008.Schott glass is currently present in the EVOSTAR-ED APO Refractors, the SKYMAX-150 & 180 PRO Maksutov-Cassegrains, EQUINOX ED APO Refractors, the EXPLORER-190MN PRO Maksutov-Newtonian, ESPRIT-120ED APO and ESPRIT-150ED APO refractors
Ade Ashford Says about Sky-Watcher EVOSTAR DS-PRO ED Apochromatic Refractors
"While the traditional achromatic refractor offers good correction for chromatic aberration (false prismatic colours around bright objects), the discerning observer and astrophotographer will appreciate the near-perfect optical correction provided by the EVOSTAR DS-PRO series. Not only do these instruments look stunning in their black-diamond livery, but their objectives composed of Japanese FPL-53 ED and Schott crown glass will deliver image quality to match."