Optolong L-PRO Maximum Luminosity Filter for Full-Frame Canon EOS Cameras
The Optolong L-Pro (L-Professional) FF-Clip filter is a unique and fantastic filter that has been designed to provide maximum luminosity of the spectrum other than those areas caused by light pollution...
Most light pollution filters would also cut off those wavelengths caused by light pollution, but those filters would cut off usually much more than that and thus reducing the overall transmission of the filter. This filter is more expensive than general ligth pollution filters, because it is much more difficult to create a filter with maximum illumination thta would still deal with light pollution.
Compatible with Canon EOS Full Frame cameras.
It improves the visibility of various deepsky objects by selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). As this filter is highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII (496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII (654nm and 658nm), H-alpha (656nm) as well as SII (672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution.
Unlike other light pollution filter UHC and CLS, L-Pro is multi-bandpass filter which offers better color balance by maximizing the transmission band. The balanced transmission allows astrophotos to be taken with minimal color cast to broadband emission objects such as galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. L-Pro is the best choice for light pollution suppression.
By providing maximum luminosity it reduces exposure time that is an important factor in deep sky imaging.
DUE TO PATENT RESTRICTIONS THIS ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS WITH GERMAN ADDRESS. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISPATCH THIS ITEM TO GERMANY!
Main Use and Performance
Suitable for visual observation and astrophotography. The optolong L-Pro filter has a very low transmission reduction rate against continuous spectrum space objects, and thus is quite effective in suppressing light pollution sources when shooting galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. The same holds true for visual star observations. The L-Pro filter alone can suppress infrared wavelength, and thus can be used at ease for “L” (luminosity) image shootings with CCD cameras. Please note that light pollution filters do not completely eliminate the effects of light pollution and definitely do not increase the object’s brightness, however they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky by making the background darker.
Optolong filters are not designed for solar observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH ANY OPTOLONG FILTER as permanent eye damage will be the result.
- Schott substrate material
- Glass thickness 2.0 mm (1.25”/2”/77mm) and 1.0 mm (Clip series)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and < 30 seconds parallelism over both surfaces
- 90% transmission of main nebula emission lines (i.e. Ha 656nm, OIII 496nm & 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm).
- Pricision transmission of off-band, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm).
This filter is compatible with Canon EOS 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III and 6D cameras
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximising possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25” size and 45mm for 2” size)
- Aerometal Material
- Precise CNC Machining
- Sand Blasting Process
- Black Anodized Finish
- Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection
- Laser Engraving No Fading
- Standard 1.25” & 2”
- Round 77mm Unmounted
- Clip Filter Series (RESTRICTED TO GERMANY! Please do not order Optolong Clip filters from Germany. We can sell only Astronomik EOS Clip filters to Germany.)
Canon EOS 6D Yes
Canon EOS 5D Yes
Canon EOS 5D MkII Yes
Canon EOS 5D MkIII Yes
Canon EOS 6D II No
Canon EOS 5D IV No
- Plastic PP Case
- Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining
- Silver Cardboard Box
- High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- Multi-layer anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band. (Please note, "planetary rotation system" is a type of optical coating process and does not refer to the astronomical system describing the motion of the planets in our solar system.)
The Major Emission Lines of Nebulae: H-α 656.3nm, H-β486.1nm, OIII 495.9nm, OIII 500.7nm
The Major Emission Lines of Artificial Light Pollution: Hg 435.8nm, 546.1nm, 577nm, 578.1nm, Na 598nm, 589.6nm, 615.4nm, 616.1nm