Moravian Instruments G3-16200 CCD Camera with KAF-16200 Class 2 CCD and 5-pos Filter Wheel
Moravian Instruments G3-16200 Monochrome CCD Camera with Low Noise, High Quantum Efficiency Kodak KAF-16200 Class 2 CCD Sensor and 5-pos Filter Wheel
for SCIENTIFIC and Narrow-Band ASTROPHOTO Imaging with Antiblooming and Electronic Shutter
Sensor: Kodak KAF-16200 Monochrome CCD, Class 2
(Please note, Class 2 sensors are hardly distinguisable from Class 1 cameras and very popular for amateur astro imaging due to the opportunity make a little extra saving...Class 1 versions are recommended for scientific research)
Resolution: 4540 x 3640 pixels
Full well capacity: appr 41,000 e-
Dark Current: 0.08 e-/s/pixel at 0 °C
Pixel Size: 6 x 6 µm
Size of imaging area: 27.2 mm x 21.8 mm
Interface: USB 2.0
Cooling: Two-stage Peltier up to -50°C
Available usually from UK stock. Contact us to confirm current stock.
(If available on back order, the usual delivery time is appr. 2-4 weeks)
Shipping and Packaging
G3 CCD cameras are supplied in a foam-filled, hard carrying case containing:
- Camera body with a user chosen optional telescope adapter. The standard 2" barrel adapter is included by default. If ordered, the filter wheel is already mounted inside the camera head and filters are threaded into place (if ordered).
- A 100-240 V AC input, 12 V DC output “brick” adapter with 1.8 m long power cable.
- 5 m long USB A-B cable for connecting camera to host PC.
- A CD-ROM or USB Flash Drive with camera drivers, SIPS software package with electronic documentation and PDF version of User's Manual.
- A printed copy of camera User's Manual
G3 CCD cameras are shipped in the foam-filled carrying case (left), larger case is used if camera is ordered with external filter wheel (right)
Slightly slimmer variant of the camera head without internal filter wheel is available. The head dimensions are 154 × 154 × 65 mm (approx. 6 × 6 × 2.5 inches). This variant allows attaching of external filter wheel with 5 or 7 positions for 50 × 50 mm or D50 mm filters.
Further product information is available on the manufacturer's website.
Example images captured with G3 cameras.
All images published with permission of their respective authors.