Konus Eyepiece Projection System Universal T-Adapter - CLEARANCE
Konus Eyepiece Projection System Universal T-Adapter
1.25" barrell at one end and T-2 thread at the other end plus a T-2 to T-2 extender (63mm optical path)
Please note, optional camera specific T-ring and optional small eyepiece are required!
We recommend to use it with an Abbe orthoscopic eyepiece. Max outer diameter of eyepiece: 38mm.
Eyepiece projection photography allows you to increase the magnifying power of your telescope (by virtually increasing the focal length).
The present system, which brings in a decrease of brightness and framed field, is commonly used for imaging the planets or the Moon; that is when the size of the object on the negative is too small to be used.
For this kind of photography we recommend to use Konus item #1069 or 1070 (adaptable only on the models for which its use is allowed) and to follow the instructions mentioned hereafter:
1) Remove the objective of your reflex (dSLR) camera.
2) Insert the selected eyepiece into the camera adapter (A) and tighten it with the appropriate chromed screw (F).
3) Screw on the T2 ring (B) (sold separately) fitting your reflex (or dSLR) camera on the camera adapter (E).
4) Insert the adapter + T2 ring, which are now a single unit, onto the body of your camera.
5) You can now mount the new unit on the focusing tube (D) (make sure you have removed the eyepiece and any other accessories).
By powering the magnification there will be an increase of the exposure time, and for this reason, in astronomical photography, we advise to make use of the eyepiece projection system when your optics (i.e. telescope) is fitted on a motorised equatorial mount. You will be able then to track the stars, and enjoy long-lasting exposure times.
A - Photoadapter
B - T-2 (T/2 or T2) Adapter
C - Body of the camera
D - Telescope tube
E - Eyepiece carrier tube
F - Eyepiece tightening screw
|Weight in Kg||0.15|