FORNAX Hydra Robotic Telescope Unit for Fornax Observatory Grade Mounts
Bring your mount to the next level with our brand new product. Hydra integrates seamlessly into the Fornax product family and let’s you control your mount via any popular planetary program, wired or wireless.
The addition of (optional) absolute encoders would turn the mount into a complete professional mount with robotic operational functions like parking, home position, definition of dead zones and extended mount states etc.
For more information please read the manual. (see link to the manual at the bottom of the page)
- Emulates the full Meade LX 200 protocol
- RS232 and TCP/IP client connections from any ASCOM compliant planetary program
- Ad-hoc WiFi network (i.e. for Sky Safari)
- Easy setup via web interface
- Plug & Play web-camera support
- Encoder support
- Amateur and professional use
If it doesn't work check out if you correctly configured your system, here are couple of important notes, but of course best to read the complete manual:
1. as soon as HYDRA is present in the system, nothing else should be connected to the OC5 controller, neither PC, nor handset
2. all data to be saved in HYDRA (geo position, time, meridian flip)
3. HYDRA can be connected to a PC via the LX200 protocol
OC5 + HYDRA = O.K.
(PC + OC5) + HYDRA = NOT O.K.
OC5 + (HYDRA connected to PC) = O.K.
OC5 + HYDRA + Handset = NOT O.K.