FORNAX 10 LighTrack Mobile Tracking SET with Wedge & Ball Head
FORNAX 10 LighTrack - Mobile Tracking SET for Astrophotography
Fornax 10 Tangential Arm with Motor Block and Ursa Minor Motor Control
Fornax 10 Polar Block / Wedge
Fornax Ball Head (allows equipment in either On-Axis or Off-Axis position)
Fornax 10 polarscope adapter for EQ3 polarscope
We've received a new version of the Fornax 10 LighTrack Mobile Tracking mount. All aluminium body, new electronics with LED feedback panel, improved drive shaft with ball bearing, safety rail for friction drive surface, all these are now standard features!
Above picture: the New 2014 version of the Fornax 10 tracking mount, shown with optional Polarscope Adapter
The newest member of the Fornax family is a perfect choice for photos taken with wide angle lenses, telephoto lenses or smaller telescopes. Due to the design it is stronger and less fragile than similar products; it is still lightweight and very portable. Due to its compact size it is the best choice for the travelling astro-photographer. It can easily fit even into your hand luggage.
Please note, due to the many options available for powering the Fornax 10 mount up and you might already have some of these, we didn't want to increase the price by adding a 12V power source. Instead, here are couple of links to the compatible products: Compatible with our 12V AC Adapters, 12V power tanks from Celestron and Skywatcher and with the Astrotrac Battery Holder.
SCOPE OF DELIVERY:
- Tangential arm with two camera/telescope positions: either "Off-axis" or “On-Axis”. It can be installed on a video-head/photo-head (3/8" camera thread compatible) or it can be used with the strong but lightweight (optional) Fornax-10 equatorial wedge.
- Motorblock with UrsaMinor control (under the now silver box) (The Fornax 10 mount is also compatible with the FS2 motor control, if you don't need the UrsaMinor control box, because you have got one FS2 controller already, please contact us!)
- Equatorial Wedge – adjustable between 0-70 degrees (see the black part with “Fornax 10” written on it on the top right image)
- Fornax Ballhead made from Perunal (Al.Zn.Mg.Cu alloy, lightweight, but with similar to steel properties). Can be used with the Fornax 10 mount in both "Off-Axis" and "On-Axis".
- Polarscope Adapter (included) - Synta made EQ3 polarscope will fit with this adapter
- Polarscope - EQ3 compatible polarscope available separately
- Tripod - compatible with the optional Vixen-GP /EQ3 /EQ5 /NEQ5 /HEQ5 with M10 thread or a photo-tripod with 3/8" photo thread
The weight and size of the Fornax 10 makes it suitable to take it with you on your next flight, but we would recommend you to put it in your suitcase just in case as it might not pass through the security check in your hand luggage.
Above image shows the Fornax 10 mobile tracking mount with the ball head in OFF-AXIS position. For a quick setup with a lightweight camera this is the easiest way to use it, as polar alignment is possible whilst the camera is already attached. In on-axis position you have to polar align first and then attach the ball head as the ball head will obstruct the polarscope...
Each Fornax 10 comes with a free chart, showing its test results.
Weight of tangential arm without Motor block: 1090 g
UrsaMinor Motor control: 380 g
Equatorial wedge: 690 g
Answer: Yes. Without polar alignment the mount will not be able the track the movement of the stars. The stars move along an arc on the sky. To be able to follow the movement of the stars along that arc, the camera will have to move in the same pattern around an axis parallel to the Earth's axis.
Question: How to polar align the mount?
Answer: Here we'll describe two ways of polar alignment, a simple one without a polarscope, and more precise one with an optional EQ3 polarscope. On the following image you can see an aluminium tube that contains a polarscope that was not included with your package, but available separately. (The polarscope adapter on the other hand is included...)
WATCH THE FORNAX 10 TRACKING MOUNT ON YOUTUBE:
fornax 10, fornax-10, astrotrac, astrotrak, astro track, astro trak, astro trac, ioptron skytracker, nanotracker, vixen polarie
|Weight in Kg||3.8|