Celestron StarSense Accessory for Celestron Computerized Telescopes
FREE UK DELIVERY!
Quick Overview of the Celestron StarSense Accessory
- Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope*.
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky – StarSense will automatically align your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes.
- Provides advanced mount modeling – the ability to align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise goto pointing accuracy that is extremely helpful both for visual observations and astrophotography
- Only accessory available that will enable automatic GoTo alignment.
- Aligns in 3 minutes or less.
- Celestron StarSense hand controller included.
*See compatibility list below
The revolutionary technology in the award-winning Celestron SkyProdigy telescope is now available for almost every Celestron computerized telescope.
Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope’s eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself, no user input needed (comparatively clear sky is still required though...;o) With StarSense, you become an instant astronomer—even if you’ve never used a telescope before.
StarSense is not only compatible with all of Celestron’s current computerized telescope models, but backwards compatible with many older models as well. (See compatibility list below.)
The StarSense Accessory includes a small digital camera that attaches to the telescope’s optical tube, along with a specialized hand controller. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand controller, and StarSense starts capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of 40,000 celestial objects. In about three minutes, StarSense will gather enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more based on your exact time and location.
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using the affordable StarSense Accessory. StarSense replaces expensive software used for Advanced Mount Modeling, providing superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. Users can add as many calibration stars as desired to give their telescope mount a new level of accuracy.
Evolution Series with Wedge (compatible, but polar alignment has to be done with
Nexstar+ handset first, then restart it with Starsense handset or mobile app.
Celestron engineers are working on better solution.)
NexStar SE Series
NexStar i Series
CPC, CPC DX
NexStar GT (with Aux. Splitter) Series
Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar)
CG-5 (with Aux. Splitter)
CGEM, CGEM DX
LCM (with Aux. splitter)