Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD Computerised Telescope
FREE ASTRONOMY BOOK INCLUDED!
FREE DELIVERY TO U.K. MAINLAND! (Or come and collect it from us to get extra discount)
New optical design, advanced features and GOTO accuracy. You get the picture.
The Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD combines Celestron's newly designed fork mount with its new EdgeHD optical system and is the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or with optional Pro Wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astro imager's tool. With over 8 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CPC Deluxe 800 HD gives you over 800 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. Turn this scope to planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach. Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of only 43 lbs, this telescope is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
New Optical Design
The Celestron EdgeHD optical system combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, the Celestron EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Internal GPS The CPC Deluxe HD Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use the hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars. You may even pick the Moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar™ software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). There's also "Solar System Align" that lets you align on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing – it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Fastar Versatility All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
- Design - With the introduction of the CPC Deluxe HD series, Celestron has gone back to the drawing board and re-designed and re-engineered the drive train with a larger 6 inch, 180 tooth brass gear and .75" stainless steel worm gear and unique roller bearing design with both Steel and Nylon ball bearings rotating around a wide 9.8 track designed for smoother tracking accuracy for long exposure astrophotography.
- Innovation - The CPC Deluxe HD series uses the innovative All-Star™ Polar alignment procedure. Coupled with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CPC, sure to please astro imagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC), which allows users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope, even when not perfectly balanced, without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
- Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CPC will track continuously through the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky.
CPC Deluxe 800 HD - General Features
- 8" EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
CPC Deluxe 800 HD - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
- Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
OPTICAL DESIGN: EdgeHD Optics
APERTURE: 203.2 mm (8 in)
FOCAL LENGTH: 2032 mm (80 in)
FOCAL RATIO: 10
FINDERSCOPE: 50mm Finderscope with quick release bracket
OPTICAL TUBE: Aluminum
MOUNT: Dual Fork Arm
EYEPIECE 1: 40 mm (1.57 in)
MAGNIFICATION 1: 51 x
STAR DIAGONAL: 1.25"
ACCESSORY TRAY: Die Cast Aluminium Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder
TRIPOD: Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Adjustable
CD ROM: NexRemote control software with RS232 cable
POWER SUPPLY: Car battery adapter
HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION: 480 x
LOWEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION: 29 x
LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE: 14.0
RESOLUTION (RAYLEIGH): 0.69 arcsec
RESOLUTION (DAWES): 0.57 arcsec
LIGHT GATHERING POWER: 843 x
ANGULAR FIELD OF VIEW: 0.8 °
OPTICAL COATINGS: Starbright XLT Coating
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION: 2.5 in (63.50 mm)
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY AREA: 9.8 %
SECONDARY MIRROR OBSTRUCTION BY DIAMETER: 31.3 %
TELESCOPE AND MOUNT WEIGHT: 43 lbs (19.5 kg)
TRIPOD WEIGHT: 27 lb (12.25 kg)
MOTOR DRIVE: DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
MOTOR RESOLUTION: 0.14 arc seconds
COMPUTER HAND CONTROL: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
TRACKING RATES: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
TRACKING MODES: Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South
ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES: SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align
SOFTWARE PRECISION: 24bit, 0.08 calculations
PERIODIC ERROR CORRECTION: Permanently Programmable
FORK ARM: Dual fork arm, cast Aluminum with detachable Hand Control cradle
BEARINGS: 9.8 azimuth bearing
GEAR: 6" Brass RA gear, 180 tooth, 0.75" Stainless steel worm gear
COMMUNICATION PORTS: RS-232 communication port on hand control
MOTOR PORTS: Aux Port, Autoguide Ports
DATABASE: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 12VDC 3.5A
CORD MANAGEMENT: Cord Wrap Software
GPS: Internal 16 channel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The power requirements of the CPC Deluxe HD series has been amended by Celestron to 12 VDC 3.5 Ampers. This supersedes earlier advice and the power requirement stated in the early product manuals. We recommend the use of the Celestron Power Tank 17Ah or Celestron Power Tank Lithium Phosphate 7Ah.
2-year Telescope Warranty
|Weight in Kg||80|