Baader 2" BDS-RT Diamond Steeltrack RT Focuser for Refractor Telescopes
The new, highly anticipated Baader Diamond Steeltrack is here now! Available from UK stock!
The Baader Diamond Steeltrack range of focusers offer a complete, high quality and high load manual or motorised focusing solution for refractor telscopes, Newtonian reflector telescopes and SCT (Schmidt-Cassegrain) telescopes.
See details below
- True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system never accomplished before
- In comparison to conventional crayford or rack & pinion drives, this micro-geared movement has zero backlash, zero cogging, and zero flxure
- Diamond Steeltrack 2" focusers lift a payload of 6kg (13 lbs) straight up, without slipping, without excessive
bearing preload (bearing preload can be increased further if necessary)
- Bearing system utilizes unbreakable Instrument Grade Roller-Bearings instead of simpler Ball Bearings handles higher loads with greater rigidity and accuracy. No Teflon-pads anywhere
- 1:10 Stainless Steel fine-focus mechanism, ready for attachment of the optional Steeldrive temperature compensating motor drive system
- Detachable drive block assembly is reversible for right hand or left hand fine-focus operation and for attaching the Steeldrive motorblock onto Diamond-NT-Steeltracks for newtonian telescopes
- Shortest possible mechanical design achieves optimum balance between focuser height (backfocus) and
- Zero shift locking knob to precisely stop any movement without affecting optical axis adjustment
- Each bearing individually adjustable for precise alignment of mechanical vs. optical axis
- Ultra-hard subzero coated bearing races – precision milled and much harder than anodizing or stainless steel
- Oversized 55mm inner clear diameter, to prevent vignetting, with anti-reflction knife-edge baffles
- S58 Dovetail ring-clamp built into focusing tube for accepting optional T-2 / M48 / M68 and other S58 directthread adapters to enable direct thread connection of accessories and cameras without 2" clamp
- 2" eyepiece clamp with hardened bronze clamp ring (length of clamp: 12.5mm / ½") included as standard
- Optionally available 2" Baader Clicklock-clamp w. integrated S58 dovetail (added length: 16mm / 5/8")
- Two auxiliary threads (M60x1 and M55x0,75) cut into the RT & NT focusing-tube for attachment of dedicated
field flatteners or focal reducers/correctors
- Refractor-BDS (RT): Adapters available or under development to fit a wide variety of refractor telescopes (i.e. can be used even with a GSO Ritchey-Chretien. One of our customers used the (now discontinued) 2957085 adapter with this 2957210 2" RT Diamond Steeltrack focuser on his GSO RC telescope. Another customer used a current adapter 2957283 to connect it to his 8" GSO RC telescope.)
- Newtonian-BDS (NT): Includes Baader Versabase, for perfect fi onto most tube diameters.
Optional flt mounting base available soon
- SC/HD-BDS (SC/HD): Includes adapter to fi all C14/C11/C9¼/C8/C6/C5 OTA’s
Click on the above image for a high resolution version!
Above: BDS RT version shown with optional finderscope bracket and optional finderscope shoe.
Images for demonstration purposes only!
Click on the Customer Feedback tab and read Graham Wilcock's review about this product and how he installed it onto a GSO8" RC. His pictures can be seen below.