Astronomik OWB CCD Typ 3 Clip-Filter Canon EOS APS-C
Astronomik OWB-CCD TYP 3 Clip Filter for Modified Canon EOS Cameras for Terrestrial Photography
Mounted filter in EOS Clip-cell
The OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without inbuilt IR-filter) in order to be used for 'terrestrial' photography.
Astronomik have re-designed all of their photographic filters. Since the end of 2008 they are shipping the new "Halo-Free" filters.
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astro-photography. Therefore the decision, which in former times had to be made, whether to 'victimize' a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum it is now a thing of the past and disencumber your purse, too.
The OWB EOS Clip filter fits in all APS-C sized series of cameras from Canon: 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 7D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D and it also works with the 1000D, 1100D and 100D. (Please ask if you have a different camera or check out the Astronomik website for up-to-date info...)
DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing the inbuilt IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unable for 'terrestrial' purpose. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to the former range. In other words: The OWB pretend to be the conventional built-in filter!
- Visual observation (dark skies): Unsuitable
- Visual observation (urban skies): Unsuitable
- Film photography: Unsuitable
- CCD photography: Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (original): Unsuitable
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, achieves a standard white balance for 'terrestrial' photography
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Unsuitable
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (removed or substituted inbuilt IR-filter) to achieve standard colour space in digital imaging.
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope (or camera in this case)!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
|Weight in Kg||0.3|