Home :: ASTRONOMICAL TELESCOPES :: Observing the Sun :: Herschel Prisms & Solar Filters :: Lunt 1.25-Inch White Light Herschel Wedge / Solar Wedge with Integrated ND3.0 Filter

Lunt 1.25-Inch White Light Herschel Wedge / Solar Wedge with Integrated ND3.0 Filter

Lunt 1.25-Inch White Light Herschel Wedge / Solar Wedge with Integrated ND3.0 Filter

Manufacturers View products from this brand

in In stock (2)
Model
LUNT-LS2SP/HW-0558211
Weight
0.60 kg
RRP:
$173.39
Our price:
$161.24
7%

Qty

SPRING SOLAR PROMOTION! Limited stock available!

LUNT 1.25" WHITE LIGHT HERSCHEL WEDGE / SOLAR WEDGE WITH INTEGRATED ND=3.0 FILTER

The LUNT Solar-Wedge / Herschel-Wedge for refractor telescopes up to 150mm aperture with 1.25" focuser. Provides superior White Light views and images of the Sun. Complete system with installed neutral density filter ND=3.0 !

AVAILABLE FROM UK STOCK NOW!

Herschel Wedges / Solar Wedges will be used to observe the sun with refractor telescopes in white light. Approximately 95% of the sun light will be suppressed by the Herschel Wedge. The remaining 5% can be reduced to the desired level by variable polarizing filters and strong gray filters. The difference between Herschel Wedges and normal front mounted filters is, that the filtering takes place just before the eyepiece or camera. This will provide a better contrast and sharpness of the solar image.

The advantages of the new LUNT Herschel Wedges:

  • especially high-quality optical surfaces for very good contrast
  • fully closed body with integrated heat trap
  • no stray light escaping - so it is very safe
  • the needed ND3.0 filter is fix installed
Only for use with refractor telescopes up to 150 mm aperture:
Because the full energy and heat of the sun will be inside the telescope, we advise to use only refractors with a Herschel Wedge. The refractors must not have corrector lenses at the back. Optical elements like corrector lenses or secondary mirrors of reflector telescopes become very hot by the concentrated solar energy and could be damaged.

Tuning the brightness
Because the Herschel Wedge produce polarized light, you can use a normal polarizing filter at the eyepiece or camera-adapter for reducing the brightness. By turning the eyepiece with the polarizing filter the brightness will be reduced.
Neutral Density and polarizing filter not included.
 

INCLUDED:

  • 1.25" Lunt White Light Solar Wedge / Herschel Wedge
  • Integrated Neutral Density Filter ND=3.0
  • Aluminum Case

Polarising filter available separately!

Suitable accessories:

Suitable accessories:

LUNT LS2SP/HW (0558211)

: *
: *
: *
Type the characters you see in the picture:


*
Baader 1'/4" Solar Continuum Filter (540nm)
$70.67
Baader UV/IR Cut / L-Filter 2"
$90.11
Baader AstroSolar Safety Film 20x30cm, Telescope Qual. ND = 5.0
$23.19
365Astronomy 2" to 1.25" Filter Adapter
$14.14
Baader AstroSolar PHOTO Film 20x30cm, Telescope Qual. ND=3.8
$23.19
There have been no reviews

Only those who bought this product are allowed to add review
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!
 
The cookie settings on this website are adjusted to allow all cookies so that you have the very best experience. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your settings at any time using the Change cookie settings link in the Special menu.